This is an overview about the job interview…
- The main purpose of an interview is the employer wants to know, “Why should I hire YOU”?
- It is the company’s chance to ask you questions about your work experience. It is the company’s opportunity to see if you would meet the required skills and abilities.
- The interview is not simply a chance for you to respond to questions you are asked but also to know what to expect and how to conduct yourself in an interview greatly enhances your chances of receiving internship or job offers.
- The interview is your best opportunity to convey the information you believe will have the greatest impact on your candidacy. So the key is not the questions you are asked, but the answers you give.
- You must know your selling points and be ready to communicate their value in relation to the position you are seeking.
- It offers the employer valuable insight into your personality and abilities, and it allows you the chance to discern whether your credentials and career goals match up with what the company seeks.
- This is a chance to highlight your skills, strengths, and abilities and learn more about the position and organization.
- It is an opportunity to determineif you are the right person for a particular job and if the job is the right fit for you!