Salvation is a life to be led as a Christian and once you are in the field one should have spiritual feelers alert to be able to detect whether you have deteriorated spiritually and some of the signs of spiritual deterioration are:-
* When you acquire money and goods as your number one than God
then you know you are deteriorating spiritually see
* You can also detect that you are deteriorating spiritually when you are having a bitter spirit, anger towards other people, Hebrews 12:15
* Watching and listening to worldly music, reading newspapers that are morally degrading i.e. Redpepper.
When your prayer life ceases and your love for reading the Bible falls on the rock. 1st Thessalonians 5: 17 Pray without ceasing.
* When your love for others grows cold John 15:12-13
* When you love sports and parties is one sign that you have deteriorated spiritually. Sports develops
pride in an individual and they look at others as inferior and they super for we know what Solomon said about the proud, they are headed for destruction Proverbs 16:18
* When you adapt worldly lifestyle for example, when you make more friends of the world (the non-saved) than the blood bought children of God.
2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
* Giving excuses for not being able to do a spiritual duty assigned you is one of the yardsticks to measure your spiritual deterioration. Luke 14: 18 And
they all with one consent began to make excuse. The first said unto him, I have bought a piece of ground, and I must needs go and see it: I pray thee have me excused.
* When your church attendance drops like we have four services in the week and you attend only one service…you can mark yourself. Hebrews 10: 25 Not
forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as
the manner of some is; but exhorting one another : and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
* When you take long or never testify at all, just be sure you are headed for the exit, we all know that
the scriptures say we have power when we testify…
Revelation 12: 11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;
* When you stop seeing eye to eye with your Pastor
just know you are about to make a good contact with the world…Hebrews 13: 16 But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased. 17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
The instructions we get are to give us a right frame of mind and you cannot enjoy this life when you are at war with others and mishandling issues of life
can shorten your life above all you need to build ability to be a good Samaritan to make life sweet.